An Introduction to CM/GC: Public agencies in Idaho are now authorized, by a revision to Title 54 Chapter 45, to use the CM/GC (Construction Manager/General Contractor) project delivery method for public works construction projects.
This one day class will cover the following subjects:
• What is CM/GC?
• How is CM/GC different from the traditional Design-Bid-Build process
• Advantages and Disadvantages of CM/CG
• How and when should the CM/GC be selected?
• Why development of evaluation criteria and weighting is important
• What are preconstruction services and why are they important?
• Why it is important to define the contract cost categories
• How and when should the construction cost be negotiated?
• When should subcontract bidding occur?
• What work can the CM/GC self-perform?
Registration Fee: $300.00
Attendees must register prior to Jan. 7, 2015
• Payment by credit card on our website
• Payment (cash or check) can also be mailed to:
IPPA P.O. Box 6512 Boise, ID 83707or bring payment with you
• For more information contact Bob Perkins